Sanitation Development Officer
Experience Needed7 Years
About the position
Our client, Kisumu Water and Sanitation Company Limited (KIWASCO) has the mandate to provide quality water and sanitation services to Kisumu City and its environs.
KIWASCO is seeking to recruit a result driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with strong people management skills to fill the position of Sanitation Development Officer. Reporting to the Pro Poor Coordinator, the Sanitation Development Officer will be responsible for leading the successful planning and implementation of an effective and sustainable market-based sanitation chain development in KIWASCO’s service area. This role plays a key role in market development of new, innovative, scalable and affordable on/off site sanitation products and services, triggering consumer investment at household/ plot level and advocating policy reform at the County level.
- Provide overall leadership in developing and implementing practical and effective Sanitation strategies for demand raising, product and services supply chain establishment in Kisumu.
- Lead in development of market demand and supply for sanitation products and services for urban hotspots in the service area.
- To lead in continuing development and promotion of scalable innovative and alternative sanitation technologies in accordance to local context to ensure market satiety and easy replication.
- Identify and support capacity development of small enterprises in provision of sanitation services in newly installed/ constructed infrastructure and services to maximise usage and generate business growth.
- Ensure necessary liaison with County Government departments, customers, CBOs civil society partners, communities, consultants, businesses and contractors
- Manage relations with development partners regarding sanitation works and services.
Education, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sanitation or a related discipline from a recognized university.
- Must have 7 years of work experience with at least 5 years of experience in managing water and sanitation projects within urban and rural contexts.
- Knowledge of Community Engagement.
- Strong knowledge of urban and rural sanitation services provision.
If you fit the profile of this role, please submit your application including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of your academic and professional certificates, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
Interested applicants should submit applications by email only to: email@example.com. Kindly include the job code (SDO/PKF003) in the subject of your application.
All applications must be received by 11th March 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).