About the position
Our Client is licensed by the Kenya Tea Directorate and a member of the East African Tea Trade Association (EATTA) based in Mombasa to sell tea through the weekly Mombasa Tea Auction and Private Treaty in accordance with the East Africa Tea Trade Association rules and regulations.
To support the primary mandate, our client is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, results-driven and highly motivated individual with commercial acumen and industry knowledge to fill the exciting and challenging position of Managing Director.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will control and oversee all business operations and will be responsible for the overall success of the business. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company in the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. Ensuring the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines will also be a key role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Board Administration and Support: report to the Board on the company’s plans and performance; interfacing between Directors and employees; support the Director’s self-evaluation; execute the responsibilities of a director according to lawful and ethical standards; chair board and general meetings and direct discussion to a suitable conclusion.
- Product and Service Delivery: oversee the design, delivery and quality of services to its customers;
- Financial, Risk and Management: recommend the yearly budget for Board approval; prudently manage the company’s resources within budget guidelines and according to current laws and regulations; implement strategic goals and objectives.
- Human Resource Management: effectively direct the performance of all employees according to approved policies and procedures that conform to current laws and regulations; administer the training and development of all employees; select, recruit and develop new employees;
- Public Relations: assure the company that its mission and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to all relevant stakeholders; maintain and develop the company’s culture, values and reputation with customers, suppliers and regulatory bodies.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Food science, agriculture, engineering or related field;
- A Master’s degree in Agriculture, Economics, Commerce or related field is an added advantage;
- A minimum of Fifteen (15) years of related work experience. This experience should include extensive executive-level management experience of at least 5 years;
- Must have experience in the grading, tasting and valuation of teas;
- Must have experience in the processing and management of tea factories and knowledge in factors that affect the quality of tea;
- Must have knowledge in international marketing trends in the tea sector;
- Must have thorough knowledge of the tea and tea trade promotion sector;
- Must be familiar with the East African Tea Trade Association (EATTA) rules and regulations;
- Should have professional expertise management and financial orientation, a post graduate or professional diploma in Management from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and ethical practice; and
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
Please follow the link below to apply for the position:
All applications must be received by April 23, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer