Experience NeededExperience: 8+ years in a similar role as an external auditor
About the position
PKF Kenya LLP is a leading Accounting and Business Advisory firm in the region with a diverse client portfolio. The firm is currently sourcing for talent to join our team in the Audit department. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious candidate willing to join a multicultural workforce. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out the audit scheduling and staff allocation for all audits of the team/cluster.
- Approving the audit planning memorandum, prior to commencement of the audit for all audits.
- Controlling and monitoring the job and co-coordinating with the supervisor to ensure adherence to audit time frames and budgets.
- Ensuring that all the financial statements are properly called over and meet the firm’s quality standards.
- Reviewing the management letter prior to the partner's review and ensuring response and doing the necessary follow up.
- Ensure the financial statements are sent expeditiously to client and returned back to the office by the client.
- Liaise with Tax Department to ensure tax returns and payments are made on time.
- Liaise with Secretarial Department to ensure Board minutes, Resolutions and shareholders meetings/resolutions are done and annual returns filed on a timely basis.
- Approving the annual/study leave for all the team staff in consultation with the audit partner.
- Assisting the partners in, motivating the audit team and carrying out job/annual evaluations of audit team
- Assisting partners in billing/collection for all the clients under his portfolio.
- Submit regular report to partners on overdue audits/delayed audits/jobs not commenced.
- Staff training.
- Maintain cordial relationship with clients.
- Active participation in practice development.
Key Result Areas:
- Effective and timely execution of Audit related projects
- Effective contribution to the department’s development initiatives
- Effective leadership and management of assigned team
Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s degree holder in the field of accounting, finance or any other related field
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution is an added advantage
- Member with accounting professional bodies and in good standing
- Must have five (8) years relevant and progressive work experience in external Audit
- Three (3) years plus in a supervisory role
- Outstanding communication skills, good report writing and presentation skills
- Professional competence, timeliness and mastery of subject matter.