REWARDING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES – EMBU WATER AND SANITATION COMPANY
Our client, Embu Water and Sanitation Company Limited (EWASCO) with the mandate of ensuring provision of adequate, efficient and effective, affordable and sustainable water and sanitation services to all people within its mandated area in Embu County. The company wishes to recruit a transformational individual to occupy the following position.
Manager, Supply Chain Management Services (HR/SCM/PKF/03)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Supply Chain Management Function and overseeing establishment and management of a sound procurement services framework to ensure timely and value-based supply and distribution of supplies and services in a cost effective manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure sound systems, policies and procedures for effective functioning of the department
- Provide direction in the management of the Procurement Department of the company
- Provide sound leadership to the staff in the department and ensure effective supervision and timely reporting of departmental performance
- Undertake performance management activities for the department
- Prepare and ensure compliance with approved departmental budgets
- Ensure highest standards of operational efficiency and quality of service to staff.
- Develop and implement a procurement and disposal framework including procurement policy and procedures compliant with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act
- Oversee preparation of companywide annual procurement plans aligned to the approved budget and annual work plans
- Ensure quality of the procurement process including preparation of clear specifications and the bidding process, sound tender evaluation and law compliant tender awarding
- Develop mechanisms to ensure the orders and contracts conform to the law, specifications and agreed delivery schedules
- Develop, review and recommend new or improved purchasing procedures and approve bid proposal specifications
- Oversee formulation of documentation contracts and tenders ensuring the Company’s interests in all supply arrangements are protected
- Ensure research and evaluation of all procurement needs and make for standardization and additions to the Qualified Products List.
- Provide liaison and manage relationships between vendors, contractors, and the Company for continuous improvement of quality of the procurement function.
- Ensure quality and timely procurement contracting of outsourced Company services.
- Interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to bidding and renewal.
- Coordinate and supervise the tendering process including participation in the evaluation of bids for goods and services.
- Review the usage and expenditure of goods and services with a view to identifying areas of cost reduction and improvement.
- Manage the annual tenders and suppliers’ registration exercise to promote equality of opportunities for pre-qualified suppliers.
- Participate in the annual expenditure budgeting process for all shared services and general usage of items.
- Oversee the process of disposal of the Company’s assets ensuring compliance with statutory provisions and government procurement and disposal Acts by state corporations.
- Prepare and submit both internal and external reports and undertake secretariat services to various Committees involved in Procurement.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a bias in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Full professional qualification in Procurement or Supplies Management recognised by the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Member of a procurement professional body (KISM, CIPS etc.)
- Knowledge of Procurement and Contract Law
- At least seven (7) years of working experience, three (3) of which should have been in management positions
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity
- Proficiency in ICT with strong MS Office and internet usage ability
- Competence in supply chain, procurement planning and market price surveys
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Good records management knowledge and skills
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration package, email and telephone contacts, quoting the job title/reference in the field of interest directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July 2019.