REWARDING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES – EMBU WATER AND SANITATION COMPANY
Our client, Embu Water and Sanitation Company Limited (EWASCO) with the mandate of ensuring provision of adequate, efficient and effective, affordable and sustainable water and sanitation services to all people within its mandated area in Embu County. The company wishes to recruit a transformational individual to occupy the following position.
ICT Manager (HR/MIT/PKF/02)
Reporting to the Head of Administration, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and direction of the ICT Function, management of the EWASCO ICT infrastructure and providing EWASCO with relevant, modern and enhanced Information Technology to leverage its business and operations
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction in the management of the IT Function.
- Provide sound leadership to the staff in the department
- Ensure the adequacy and allocation of IT resources in terms of funding, personnel, equipment and service levels
- Prepare the comprehensive annual budgets for approval
- Ensure compliance with approved budgets including prudent and timely spending
- Ensure effective staff supervision and timely reporting of the department’s performance
- Ensure sound systems, policies and procedures for effective functioning of the department are in place
- Study, define and advise on the IT needs of the company in line with the Strategic Plan
- Develop and ensure implementation of an IT Strategy for the company
- Ensure availability, reliability and effectiveness of the IT systems and services
- Oversee proper maintenance of ICT equipment including hardware, software and servers
- Ensure management of network resources and maintenance of user rights
- Develop IT Risk Management and mitigation procedures and effective disaster recovery policies and standards to cover business-critical services.
- Develop policies, practices and standards that govern IT security functions and security standards
- Carry out periodic computer training needs analysis and oversee delivery of relevant training programs to address identified user needs
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on monitoring and evaluation data from all departments to Tana Water Services Board.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in ICT or Computer Services from a recognised institution of Higher Learning
- Professional Certification in ICT such as MSCE, CISCO, CISA and CEH
- At least seven (7) years of working experience, three (3) of which should have been in management positions
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity
- Proficiency in MS Office and Internet use
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Planning and organisational abilities
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration package, email and telephone contacts, quoting the job title/reference in the field of interest directly to email@example.com by 31st July 2019.