REWARDING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES – EMBU WATER AND SANITATION COMPANY
Our client, Embu Water and Sanitation Company Limited (EWASCO) with the mandate of ensuring provision of adequate, efficient and effective, affordable and sustainable water and sanitation services to all people within its mandated area in Embu County. The company wishes to recruit a transformational individual to occupy the following position.
Head of Finance and Commercial Services (HR/HFCS/PKF/01)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for the development of a sound Financial Framework for the Organisation, implementation of the Board Financial Policy and management of overall company assets, financial operations and financial reporting as well as providing advice and direction on the same.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure achievement of the overall financial goals of the Company
- Lead the development of policies and systems to support efficient functions framework
- Lead the development of procedures and processes to assure efficient service delivery and quality of services
- Initiate, develop and maintain a sound and mutual relationships and network with relevant stakeholders
- Provide sound leadership and supervision to staff in the department
- Ensure compliance with approved budgets and timely reporting of the department’s performance
- Lead the development of a sound budgeting and budgetary control framework for the company,
- Monitor the company’s budgetary performance highlighting key variances for management action
- Lead the revenue growth diversification of the company and monitor the company’s performance including revenue growth patterns and productivity
- Direct preparation of Financial Reports and prepare special reports as required by management, stakeholders and regulatory authorities.
- Ensure the company’s compliance in relation to tax and other statutory regulations
- Coordinate external Audit Preparation and respond on issues raised to Management
- Approve all bill adjustments and act as the signatory to all bank accounts
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognised institution of Higher Learning
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognised institution of Higher Learning
- Full professional qualification in either ACCA or CPA (K)
- Membership to the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- At least twelve (12) years of experience, five (5) of which should have been in a senior management position
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity
- Proficiency in ICT with strong MS office and internet use knowledge
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong analytical and excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal relations skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration package, email and telephone contacts, quoting the job title/reference in the field of interest directly to email@example.com by 31st July 2019.