In today’s digital environment, vast volumes of data retained on electronic media can contain crucial evidence for civil or criminal proceedings and their resolution. We can add significant value to a case by obtaining computer evidence that is admissible in legal proceedings.
Our expertise can be used to provide evidence for a wide variety of investigations and disputes, including those involving fraud, contractual breaches, corporate investigations, inappropriate work place behaviour, commercial sabotage and espionage.
What do we offer?
The PKF in Eastern Africa investigations team has a full understanding of the commercial IT environment and the evidential aspects of computer interrogation. In most cases a prompt response is crucial. We act quickly to extract and store data for analysis from a wide range of media including mobile phones, PDAs, removable storage such as flash drives or memory sticks, hard drives, DVDs and CDs.
Our services include:
- Review and analysis of correspondence, including recovery of deleted emails
- Analysis of an individual’s transactions, including web-based activity
- Recovery of files, including those hidden, deleted, subject to password access or encryption
- Document analysis for forensic evidence – examining metadata embedded within electronic documents
- Identification of stolen intellectual property or electronic data
- Data mining to identify patterns, anomalies or inconsistencies
We also provide electronic discovery and litigation services. These include collating documents in an e-discovery database with remote access for an easy and efficient search capability, and audio visual analysis (for example, CCTV enhancement and transcription).
When our investigations are concluded, we provide you with a comprehensive written report that delivers our findings and analysis in layman’s terms.
Why choose PKF in Eastern Africa?
We provide a personalised and tailored service, working closely with you to ensure we understand your needs and any areas of particular sensitivity. Discretion is paramount in such cases, so we act at all times with a view to minimising the potential damage to your reputation. If your case comes to trial, our forensic IT experts have the necessary experience of giving evidence in court.