Effective governance is a pre-requisite of any successful organisation, but there is no definitive model that will fit all circumstances. Ultimately it comes down to the strength of the people involved, backed up with systems. PKF’s experts can support organizations in developing the skills in its people and refining the governance processes so that they work for them.
Good governance is about ensuring that organizations operate within their aims, values and regulatory requirements. It requires clarity of authorities and responsibilities, congruence of goals and effective challenge and scrutiny.
There is no one approach that will work and for all organizations governance arrangements never stand still.
PKF in Eastern Africa offers tailored support through a combination of training for Non Executive Directors or Trustees in the case of charities, reviews of governance effectiveness and providing assurance in key areas.
PKF in Eastern Africa provides:
- Experienced professionals to explore your governance issues with,
- Expert advice on the opportunities for strengthening governance,
- A mix of general and bespoke training,
- Robust assessments of governance compliance and
- The credibility of a leading national firm.
Governance Effectiveness Reviews
- Governance frameworks
- Information flows
- Delegation arrangements
- Codes of conduct and corporate policies
- The operation of governance.
PKF provides training for those responsible for the governance in relation to matters of :
- Financial management and control
- Internal control
- Risk management
- Audit committee role and effectiveness.
- Regulatory compliance
- Internal policy compliance
- Assurance mapping
- Independent assessments of risk management and internal control.
If you would like further information please contact Atul Shah.